Sunday, July 28, 2019

Back to my old stomping grounds.

Well, April 10th was the last time I posted something from my usual neck of the woods(horse and musket) Since then I've done Italian wars, Medieval, a computer game and most uncharacteristically Vietnam. 



Now I'm back, I'm gonna try and do 3 units of Prussians, first up is Markgraf Friedrich von Brandenburg, these are the new and super-secret double probation charging Cuirassiers from Crann Tara, you need to contact Graham to get these, and by need I mean NEED, you must buy these! 


My one problem with Crann Tara/Minden is static poses, especially the cavalry. But these fixes this. 

I've used a long time on these, as I just can't do the complex stuff on the saddlecloth. So I get a little depressed and put them away, I did 6 quite fast, then I gave up and did 3 and now the last 3.
The figures have lovely animation.

 I did them all in black, even if I'm sceptical about the realities of getting some 12 000 black big horses, and then several thousand more within a few weeks of campaigning. But I did them all black anyway, 
 I pitty the Austrians.
 The flag is Maverick models cloth flag.

2 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

They look wonderful!

Best Regards,

Stokes

Gunfreak said...

Thanks.