Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Reactivation of Möckern.

I've had a fascination with the battle of Leipzig for many years. just the scale of the whole thing, but particularly the battle around Möckern, really the battle within the battle that sealed Napoleon's fate, Prussia risen from the ashes fight a hard battle against some of the best troops Napoleon had available in 1813.

 I've tried to do the battle several times, in 6mm I had like 1500 figures painted, but the project died and the figures are now gone. I did start a 28mm project, I finished a few units. But I lost steam and the few units I have finished are packed away. I have since started an 1805-1807 project which is the only period I prefer more than Leipzig. And together with other large scale projects, I just didn't have room or time to try and paint 20 battalions for this project.

BUT in comes SP, I can do a couple of forces inspired by the OOB at Möckern. I also happened to have enough unpainted Calpe figures to do a few SP units. First up are some skirmishes from East Prussia Jaeger regiment. I used various greens from AK Vietnam uniform set. It gives a good mat colour, that gives the impression sun/rain washed uniform. The grey, black and red are from the Andrea colour sets.


 I did want to use another background, I hoped to find a picture of an old german village that might look like Möckern, but I didn't find one, and the printer is out of toner anyway.



I have enough Calpe figures for an 8 figure unit of Prussian musketeers, and an 8 figure unit of French infantry.


3 comments:

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

They look great. Good shading on the faces.

RogerC said...

Very nice Truls. I do like Calpe fiures.

Gunfreak said...

Thanks,yes I've always loved Calpe