Tuesday, March 31, 2020

StuG III and StuG III killer.

More is done for my WW2 20mm project. Which I guess have become my unofficial self-isolation project.

First up is a PSC StuG III

 The dunkelgelb is less forgiving than British OD.

 I had just gotten an order from MIG AMMO, so several new effects were tried. Green grime and rust being the major ones. But also some mud.

 I'm only half satisfied with it. I think I overdo the effects, to hide the lack of airbrush.


Up next is something that kills the StuG dead, really dead.
 The 6pdr was a great AT gun. Here I went for more subtle, it only has some streaking grime, and light dust effects, mostly on the wheels.  

 Ready to kill off german armour.



Next I'll glue together another StuG, this time, the main focus will be to try and use the MIG AMMO chipping effect thing.
I'll also most likely get some AK paints tomorrow. That I've been waiting on before I do more British infantry and start on the german one.

1 comment:

Jozi's Tin Man said...

Looks great! I am a fan of the Stug from high school, looking good!