Saturday, August 7, 2021

Chef de battalion

 I got an order from Mazzer's miniatures of Avanpost french.
I'm working my way through the order, with 1 base left to finish the battalion, I also have an 8pdr gun and crew to do. But I finished the Chef de battalion who will lead a 3 battalion brigade in Spain.


Avanpost are stunning figures.

I tried something different with the horse, unsure how well it worked.

I also did the trousers in a more off-white, keeping the pure white for the jacket, Also used a generally darker tone of blue, some detail might be lost, but it's more realistic. and makes the white and facings pop more. This new style will be more obvious on the infantry. 

8 comments:

Neil Scott said...

Superb work

Codsticker said...

I like the new approach GF; I have done something similar when painting whites- I usually only use pure white for a few things and just an off white for most white clothing. Do you find the detail on the metal Avanpost figures as nice and crisp as their resin figures?

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

He is a very dashing fellow! But is he gazing over a valley in the Pyrenees? Or the valleys of Telemark? ;-)

Best Regards,

Stokes

Gunfreak said...

He's in Germany, nobody bothered to tell him, his brigade marched off to Spain 2 days earlier.

Gunfreak said...

I can't directly compare as I've only painted resin 30YW figures.
But the detail is super, very sharp.

Gunfreak said...

Thanks

Jeremy Ramsey said...

I also bought a small number of the Avanpost French figures recently - they really are lovely castings. The 8pdr cannon and crew paint up really well. Hopefully they will eventually expand their range.

Gunfreak said...

Yes, I hope they build on it. Right now I'm waiting for the dragoons to come out in metal.