Friday, February 4, 2022

Not dead!

 Well, it's been almost two months since I posted last, a lot has happened since then, Christmas and New Year came and went, the whole of January went by, and Betty White and a crapload of other famous people died. 

My flight sim had taken a lot of time and I just haven't had any inspiration to paint. I need more paint and the paint is getting expensive and I feel I just bought some etc 

But I have finally finished a unit, I have painted some stuff here and there, but nothing finished. 
But I did paint for 7 hours in the last two days, my most intensive painting sessions in months. 
And this is what I came up with. 


Waterloo Epic from Warlord. 
1st battalion 13th Legere, my favorite french regiment.

80 close order infantry.

I'm the first to criticize Warlord for the general quality and business model. But these are cool, 
For one thing, they are actually shoulder to shoulder, something sorely missing from horse and musket wargaming. And gives a much better overall impression of it actually being a unit. I cut down the bases to minimize the gap between them, but I think I can make them even smaller. So I get a proper wall of cannon-fodder. 

80 down just 1520 left, plus some 220 cavalry. 36 guns, and 18 generals. 
My first goal is the brigade that the 13th was part of, that's 5 battalions, so 400 minis. 

8 comments:

Tiberian general said...

Nicely done, very impressive. I wish Warlord would do 18th century figures in this scale.


Willz.

Gunfreak said...

That would be great

Neil Scott said...

These look great

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

A superb unit!

Kind Regards,

Stokes

Phil said...

Wow, impressive and superb!

Willie Anderson said...

They look great well done.

Codsticker said...

Very nice work GF. They do look impressive ranked up like that.

Gunfreak said...

Thanks guys!