Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Opertation, don't use white.

 It seems a lot of people got a bit GNW fatigue, me included. I got tried of going out into -13 degrees to take pics. Also I got very few views on my post. none of my recent GNW post even got to 100 views. My last post that got above 100 was my Austrian SYW Cuirassiers. 


Anyway, I started work on my TYW project. But the unit is big 39 figures, I got a little over halfway, and I needed a break, I did TYW partly because I wanted to do it, and partly because my white set from Andrea is empty of the two most important shades, and the finances are still a bit iffy after Christmas. So I haven't taken the luxury to buy more as shipping is expensive from Andrea. So I need to do stuff that doesn't require a lot of white. Luckily I got plenty of those projects(just can't do my two main projects, Napoleonic and SYW as those requite large quantities of white. 

After painting 21 TYW infantry I jumped on to my Vietnam project that needs some love. I decided to do some NVA, believing I had all the figures I needed to get 2 squads done. And I do in theory, except I've "misplaced" my RPD gunners. So that was annoying as hell. So I've decided to finish the squads except for the gunners, that I have ordered replacements of. 

Anyway here is the first squad, minus the RPD gunner and his support gunner. 


These are of course Empress my main Nam figures, I will try the upcoming Rubicon stuff, as that looks promising. 

The bamboo was hell to edit around. 

The squad is mostly up to date for 1968, with green fatigues and AKs but a couple has a mix of the new green and older kaki, as well as SKS.

I'll continue with the next NVA squad, and hope to do more on the Marines, I got about a squad worth of more figures and a mortar team I hope to have the interest to do all that before I jump on something else.