Tuesday, May 11, 2021

French Cavarly brigade.

 I had planned on expanding my French units to I'd end up with a brigade of 60, which would be nice and impressive. But I'm not very tidy and have misplaced quite a lot of my Crann tara French cavalry. I'm missing 9 in fact to finish the last two regiments. So the brigade became a humble 36 instead.

Regiments, Mestre de camp Général, Cuirassiers du Roy and Talleyrand. 

It's led by Antoine Chrétien de Nicolaï, who really led a division of infantry at Minden, but so far my French army isn't big enough to require a divisional leader. So until a second French infantry brigade is done, he'll lead my cavalry. 

All these are Minden miniatures with Maverick cloth flags. 

Except for the Antoine Chrétien de Nicolaï figure who is really a Montclam figure from Crann Tara.


Mestre de camp on the right as it's the senior regiment
                                                  Followed by Cuirassier du roy

With Tallyrand at the far end.

Tallyrand being a nice typical french gentlemen regiment with a white coat and red facings. 

4 comments:

Codsticker said...

Wonderful work GF. The colours are nice and bold without being "fantasy"- fantastic looking cavalry wing.

Neil Scott said...

Very nice

Gunfreak said...

Thank you. It will look even better, when the brigade is 60 strong. And even when I have a second brigade of 60 more(some time next century)

Gunfreak said...

Thank you.