Wednesday, February 16, 2022

AAAAANNNNNNDDDDD it's done.

 The 13th legere fought many a hard battle, 5 battles honours, it fought under Davout from 1805 through 1812, and just to show their awesomeness, they took La Haye Sainte at the closing parts of the battle of waterloo. My favorite French regiment and I'm happy to see it on this scale. 

The numbers are 240 close order infantry in 3 battalions
24 skrimishers.

Total 264 for a single regiment. 

Up close and at eye level, you really do feel you get a good massed feeling.
The 3rd battalion was a bit of a slog, and not my best work, I just wanted it done.

264 down, 172 left.


General d'Armee will be my go-to rules, so this brigade gets 1 extra skirmish base as half or more of the brigade is light infantry. So the next regiment the 17th line will just be 2 battalions and 12 skirmishers.
Sadly Warlord being an evil capitalist corporation has decided not to give the British spurs any skirmish figures, meaning you can't do a proper Napoleonic battle, They, for some reason decided instead of giving you skirmishers, you get close-order rifle battalions. Quite useless and I can only imagine they did this for getting as much money out of the buyer as possible. 
We'll see if we will ever get line infantry skirmishers. Or I'll have to buy some small 15mm or big 12mm to use for that. 

So on to the 17th line, I was getting real tired of the legere uniform, so some white trousers and red cuffs will be nice. The line will probably be harder to get good, as you got the white part in the center of the jacket, meaning it will be harder to get clean neat white cross belts. 

8 comments:

Tiberian general said...

A fantastic painted regiment, really has the look of massed infantry.

Willz.

Gunfreak said...

Thank. It will be interesting how it will look with a full brigade and then a full division. Which will be 815 total.
I think I'll have to du 1:1 batteries so 8 guns or the batteries will just drown next to all that infantry.

Norm said...

Very nice. The 95th Rifles in skirmish order are on the next sprue with the Highlanders.

Old Nick said...

Beautiful done figures and incredibly looking Regiment.
Well done sir. Well done.

Gunfreak said...

Yes I know. But I'll probably need far more skirmishers than highland battalions(infact I only need that one box for all highland Highlanders)
Also the highland box has howitzers, again. Need far more of those than Highlanders. It's a ploy by warlord to make you buy stuff you don't need. It's a shame as that is really my only problem with this whole epic stuff. If they had just made the spur layout more consumer friendly. I really wouldn't have any complaints at all.

Gunfreak said...

Thank you.

Codsticker said...

Fantastic painting and photos GF; you make it very tempting.

Gunfreak said...

Thank you my man