Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Still painting still flying.

 So I got an airbrush for my birthday, so that meant lots and lots money spent on paints, and effects, tanks, etc. So back to WW2 painting I come.


I've also taken part in a beta test for VR for a flight sim, I think it will be epic once it's finshed. 


I know most of you who see the blog don't care about flight sims, but while I'm waiting for my WW2 stuff.

Here is some flying.

I jump between IL2 and DCS, and the game with the beta, sadly can't show anything from the beta yet.


But here are som IL2 and DCS vidoes.

Here's a video I'm quite happy with, a P47 giving close air support to American armor outside of Carentan.





Here I'm flying a Spitfire IX in Normandy, with my 3D printed Spitfire spade grip, throttle quadrant, and trim wheels, it's amazing flying a spitfire in VR, and holding on to the spade grip, firing off the cannons and machine guns, or using the bomb release button on the throttle.




IL2 Flying Circus has gotten WW1 bombers. 
So I did a small fight trying to shoot down some Gotha bombers.






And last but not least, less than a week ago the AH-64 Apache Longbow was released in early access. 
Still missing some features, but very well made. 

Here's a mission I flew today, my second mission in the Apache, and it went surprisingly well given I had less than an hour in the Apache before beginning the mission. 





All my videos now have commentary, so should be a bit more interesting to watch. 



No comments: