Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Belzunce Part Deux

After 3 years and 5 months, Belzunce has its second battalion.

Same figures as the first, namely the lovely Crann Tara, somewhat different poses.  The first battalion has the second rank firing, while the first is holding, in this new battalion, both ranks are holding.
I have the figures for the 3rd battalion and it will be second rank holding, first rank firing.



 A nice white-clad battalion, flags are maverick cloth flags. The first two bases of this battalion were painted many a moon ago, and the two bases in the middle have been painted the last weeks. So they are kinda a different style,  with darker shades on the new ones.
 I hope to do all 4 battalions.

 The two battalions together. This means my French force is now 3 battalions when you add the german unit I did long ago. 

I have kinda set my self a goal. And that is to do 4 battalions on all my forces.
So 4 French, 4 Austrian, 4 Prussian and 4 Anglo-Hanoverians.

This would give a very small but balanced game of 8 Franc-Austrians vs 8 Anglo-Hanoverian-Prussian. 

That means I need to paint. 6 British highlanders, 2 battalions of Prussians, 1 battalion of French, and 2 battalions of Austrians. I have everything for this, except for 1 battalion of Prussians. And the flags of course.

I'll also have to sort out the cavalry and artillery.
So far the Anglo-Allies have 3 guns, and the Franco-Austrians have zero. I have 1 unpainted French gun, and soon 1 unpainted Austrian gun. But I  also have 2 Prussian Brummers unpainted.
The cavalry so far is also unbalanced, so the French and Austrians need to get their act together in the mounted part of their armies. I'm also slowly going away from 8 figure cavalry units to 12 figure units. So far only 1 Prussian cuirassier unit is in the new style. 

2 comments:

Friends Of General Haig said...

Always good to see another unit make it to 'table ready' - good luck with the next one!

Gunfreak said...

Yes it is indeed.