Monday, November 4, 2019

Le Petite Boom Boom.

Well to be fair 12pdr isn't very Petit, but it is next to the French Italian Wars gun I recently painted.
Though I have no idea about the actual poundage of that gun, the gun itself is giant, but I don't know its actual calibre.

This is a 12pdr Vallière French cannon, the first of part of my Winter offensive.

I still have 2 more French/Austrian Guns
1 French and 2 Austrian battalions.
At least 3 French/Austrian cavalry units.

2 Prussian Battalions and 6 highlander figures to paint.
Expanding several 8 figure cavalry units to 12.


 I didn't do anything fancy on the base.
 I again just the Blue 6 paint set from   Andrea color. 
 But I only used 4 of them, dropping the two last highlights. 
The cannon got 3 layers of Reaper paints ultra marine blue, but only used a mix of the first and second colour in various rations, so not to make it too light.

Up next will be the 6 highlanders. 

2 comments:

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Color layering on these looks great. Very 'rich'.

Gunfreak said...

Thanks, the Andrea colors are great. Quite a bit of work if you use all 6 colors.
Like im doing with the Highlanders I'm painting, using all 6 red.
But some I've found you can go overboard on.
Like the black, it's rare I paint enough black which is large enough to warrant all 6.
I usually stop after 3 and even then the black has become quite dark grey.
On the positive. I've found if I drop the two darkest shades and use the 4 lighter. It makes a great iron grey.
I just picked up yellow, flesh and white sets. So I'm itching to use them. Just have to finish the highlanders first.