Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Some statts for my Lotr armies and rangers

Ok, I've looked at the HOTT2 rules and like alot of what I've read.
But I'm just gonna steal stuff from it and use others stuff to.
So I'm kinda making stats for diffrent units.

Here are what I've got so far.
Orc Archers, this includes both uruks and regular orcs, be them archers or crossboworcs.
Size 36.
Ranged : 2
Mele: 1
Defence: 1
Moral: 1

Orc mele, this is regular mordor/moria/isengard orcs.
Size: 48
Mele 2,
Defence 1
Moral 1

Uruk hai, this can be isengard or mordor uruks.
Size 48
Mele 3
Defence 2
Moral 2.

Wild men and evil men have the same stats as uruks

Gondor/Rohan Archers
Size 24
Ranged 3.
Mele 2
Defence 2.
Moral 2.

Berserker Uruk these are small elite units, they got like no defence, so they will mostly likely be wiped out when used, but will do damige to what ever they attack, they got good moral so they'll probebly won't retreat.
Size 12
Mele 5
Defence 1
Moral 3.

Gondor/Rohan/Elven mele This is good units, that only realy distatvantage is that they will probebly have 3 to 1 against them in soldiers.
Size 24
Mele 3
Defence 3
Moral 3

Elven Archers
Size 24
Ranged 4
Mele 2
Defence 2
Moral 3

Rangers, these are 100% ranged and 100% mele, that is they do both equaly good, they also got moral bonous that inspire any unit with 6".
Size 24
Ranged 4
Mele 4
Defence 3
Moral 4.
Moral bonus to all friendly units with in 6"

Troll. Now I'm useing 1:20 scale so 3 trolls is realy 60 trolls, thats alot, they can do alot of damige, realy you do not want them to get into mele with you unless they have been realy weakend by ranged attacks
Size 3
Mele 7
Defence 5
Moral 3
Thats realy the infantry types.

Not sure about the cav yet.

And now the pictures, I wasn't sure about these at first, why are they in skirts?
But I love the way they ended up, I game them all sabdued colors, diffrent dark green, browns and leathers.
Now the lotr boxes come with both archers and mele in the same box, thats kinda anoying, when it come to orcs ect. but with rangers it worked out great, since they are both mele and ranged unit.

At first I toyed with the idea of doing them more uniqe, but it would just be to much work, I did give a couple of them diffrent leather belts.

The vest or what it is is done in OD, the skirt is in beige brown, the cloak is in russian green.







Now the ugly, finished a uruk base and started on the other.


I like how the armor turned out.



Thats it for now.

No comments: