Saturday, June 15, 2019

Gendarmes/reactivation of old project.

I had put my Italian wars project more or less in the ground. Did not expect to restart it but here I am.
I did buy some Eurkeka Gendarmes I think two years ago or a year ago? And they had just been in their box, or so I thought as I noticed I was missing 2 of them when I was starting to put the unit together, apparently I had primed two of them over a year ago. So I found them and got my full 8 figure unit done. Because of the detailes, I decided to paint just 1 and 1 of them. So it took a looong time to finish.

They are a lot of work, but I like the metal work, a recipe I got of facebook.

I need to pay attention to my geography, as I accidentally made first a Scottish one, then a greek one.

The flag is just a quick homemade one, to be replaced later.

One problem is that the Eureka figures are tiny, next to the perry and steel fist stuff. So I doubt I'll use more Eureka except maybe doing the Archers for them.


6 comments:

Phil said...

Ah, Gendarmes, splendid gendarmes, such a colorful and beautiful unit, congrats!

Gunfreak said...

Thanks, I've done first 6 of a labdskencht unit too.

Neil Scott said...

Fantastic looking unit of Gendarmes

Friends Of General Haig said...

A brilliant looking unit. Love the colours and details.

Gunfreak said...

Thanks

Gunfreak said...

Thanks, it's a bit of a chore finding different colour combos.