Monday, June 22, 2020

I have a table! 


It's been over 7 years since the last table shoot. 
Sadly it rained(when it wasn't supposed to) So I had to pack down everything, And so the photos weren't the way I wanted them. I also had to edit out a rather fugly pink tent the wife had put up in the garden to paint some garden furniture. 




 This is put up with one side being Anglo-Hanoverian and Prussian vs French and Austrian.

French behind a stone fence, looking down the Anglo-Allied cavalry.

 The table is sparse with vegetation, I need to get more of my trees up and running. But even so, just having a few hills made it hard to depoly the troops 

 The Austrian defending the top of a hill, with French cavalry in reserve. I found 3 french squadrons didn't have their bases finished. So I had to photoshop the bases.
 Austrian Croats, don't what they do best, holding woods.
 The Prussians

 The Anglo-Hanoverians.



 The camera was not helpful and so several pictures were totally out of focus, so the Austrian cavalry didn't even get one picture. But they are there. 


2 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Bra gjort! Lovely figures and set-up. You have painted their faces in a really effective way. Good shading/blending. Too bad about the rain, but it sounds like pretty typical summer weather for Telemark. I once spent time, 20+ years ago, in Rjukan, Vinje, and Rauland. Beautiful country and summer weather even with the occasional periods of rain. Pretty cool old dialect(s) too. Terjei Vessas is one of my favorite authors by the way.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Gunfreak said...

Thanks, there are about 3 different flesh painting styles on these figures as I keep developing my technique and use different paints.

Wife is from Rjukan, beautiful place, but as someone with extreme phobia of heights. It's not a place I'm very comfortable a lot of the time.