Monday, December 21, 2020

Kinda 1st linge.

 Well, the unit for hell is done. I started this a year ago. But the damn figures are just to damn detailed, takes forever to paint, For the first 12 I used 6 layers of white and blue, but then I never finished. So I went down to 4 and 3 layers. But it still took forever. I felt after 18 where done. Originally I used the metal bicorne heads, but I gave up on my 1805-1807 project.

 So 12 of them got the guillotine treatment and on with the shako heads. Still took forever to do, so I left, came back and did the voltigeurs, started on the last base, the command base, gave up again, after half finishing them. But I finally finished them on Saturday. But only because I forced myself to finish them before I could start on other Napoleonic stuff. If I remember correctly, I now have 3 french battalions, 24 cavalry and a cannon.

 So now I'm gonna start on some Russian Jegers, I have 1 battalion done way back in 2015 done, and 24 hussars. So this battalion should finish the regiment.





4 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Worth the trouble though. They are very handsome. I really like the blue of their coats and the flag.

Med vennlig hilsen og God Jul,

Stokes

Phil said...

Great job, they look beautiful!

Gunfreak said...

Thank you Stokes

Gunfreak said...

Thanks Phil!