Saturday, February 5, 2011

French legere and russian generals

Finnaly started to get some painting done, the legere has been half painted for months finnaly finished them. The russian generals have been laying around in their bags for a long time.

I continue to try and make the painting more complex, I used to use two coats on the russian uniforms I now use 3 and even if they 3 colors don't stand out I think it gives more depth, I use a dark coat of black green, then russian green and finnaly highlight of forest green.

The blue that was used on the legere was royal blue, then marine blue and finnaly light blue, I think the light blue is to light, so for the cossack general I exchanged it for wizzard blue, again like the green it's less obvious but it's more subtile and I think looks better









No comments: