Sunday, October 9, 2011

KGL part 3

So did two bases to day, or 11 more figures, since the officer dicided to be a asshole and break apart with arms flying everywere. So I had to glue another figure togeather but it wasn't dry while I painted these.

So tomorrow I'll paint 7 figures, to complete this unit. It's going to be the 1st KGL, one of the best units at the anglo allies disposal. It didn't see that much action, acoridng to Waterloo companion, the whole division lost only 19% Ofcourse 19% castualties today would be a massacre. But for a Napoleonic battle that was as hardfought as Waterloo it's nothing.

So the command figures were a little hard to do, but the drummer turned out ok, and I really like the Sergant.


Also I found that a all firing all loading base didn't look right, also I could only get 7 firing figures in the whole box, thats very few, so instead of having a single base fiering and the rest loading, I debased my figures and spread the firing figures around.












So when I'm done with these I'll get working on my Royal Horse guards "the blues"

2 comments:

Battlescale said...

These are looking really good! Well done sir.

Giles said...

Excellent work, GF - these have shaped up very well.

Best wishes

Giles