Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Carthagarian Horde

Well not a horde just yet, but 15, I can tell you painting 15 28mm figures is quite a project, When I do napoleoincs I only paint 6 at a time, so 15 is is alot. I had to paint the shields last night since the spears had to be glued to the soldiers, and that takes hours, so I did the shields last night, and painted the figures today, I started to paint at 8 in the moring and finished the painting at 6 in the evening. With only a break for an hour and a half when I went shopping for my grandma. So thats 8 and a half hours of painting, I'm not sure I can keep that gonig for a week. I wanted to paint a unit over two days, thats fine with the romans, since they are only 20 strong, but these are 30 strong, that means 15 at a time. Thats is hard work. And that was with the shields done the day before, with shelds that another hour atleast of work.



But the resualt is hard to argue with. I did these alot more conservative then my romans, basicly the only color the figures have is a few of the shields. I put the coolest shields up front, I really like the red and black one. No color on the figures, it's all white and brown, cloth is white, the hairs on the helments are white, I did think about painting the leather border on the chainmail colorfull, I was planing on each unit, having a uniqe color. But since I went all out on the romans, I guess these can be more low down. So I did the learthe border in natural leagther.



While less flashy then my romans they still look prity damn good If I can say so.







I did experience one problem tho, the bases on the figures are very very narrow, and badly balanced, so they keep falling over so I had to prop up the figures while the the glue hardend a little. This is very anoying.

4 comments:

Willie Anderson said...

Those look great very fast work!

Ben Gilmour said...

Wow! You're churning them out quickly, GF! They do look very pretty, too.

Monty said...

Great job Gun! I really love these figures. Great set...I hope they kick butt on the battlefield for you! They sure look tough as nails.

I paint only in 15mm but over Xmas break, I plan to do some 28mm Gladiators. I really like the facial shadowing you have on these and the Romans. Can I ask what technique you use? My email is in my profile. Really nervous about scaling up. Thanks!

luca said...

Wow! congrats
luca