Saturday, May 3, 2014

10th Foot AKA Earl of Bath's regiment









 Well, it's always a bad idea reading TMP, a thread showed up about 7YW vs WSS, and well had to paint them, I do have enough figures for one british unit, so why not paint it up, I've had theise in bare metal for quite a while. It's been a while since I've painted Front rank WSS, and even longer since I did british. So new better red, to give better color,  new buff leather, new wood and the full 6 color foundry expert flesh. The faces turned out abit grim. I'm also happy to find that flags of war has lots of these Blemheim British, so I'll bascily be painting those units they have flags for. Both Rowe's brigade and ferguson's brigade seems to be mostly there at flags of war.

So the figures have lots of colors, 4 reds, 3 yellows, 2 blues, now I use 4 wood one more then I usualy do, the metal only got one coat, to keep it clean and shiny. The leather got 3 colors also, I must say it's fun to paint natural leather straps. These disapeard mostly after WSS, tho some did use them as late as 7YW.

The yellow actualy one has one yellow, because yellow on yellow just dosn't show, so the shade is lepourus brown, then sulfuric yellow, and finnaly pale sand as highlights.


2 comments:

Baconfat said...

They look terrific. Six colors on the face is alot of work.

Gunfreak said...

Thank you, it's alot of work, but also fun, I like painting faces, muskets on the other hand is boring.