Thursday, August 30, 2018

Grenaderkorpset

Well, I've finally finished a unit, I started on this right after I finished the cavalry in the last post but it's taken forever to finish them, mostly because I'm yet again trying to start a 30YW project. 
But after long and longer than long its' done.
These figures are the very new Danish from Warfare, I wanted to do the grenadier corps, it was one of the best regiments at Helsingborg, together with livgarden til fods they held out far longer than most of the Danish infantry units. The uniform isn't perfect as they had rather unique cuffs, and the mitre isn't exactly right etc. 








 Red with light blue facings is very striking. 
 The flags are also Warfare
 Grenaderkorpset was a rather new unit, raised in 1701, I don't think they ever fought in any battle in western Europe. 

My Danes now have 4 battalions and 4 BLB squadrons. I'll post an "army" picture when I finish the last 12 Danish cavalry.

I do plan on doing more Danes, they will get a cannon, and some dragoons(waiting for warfare to come out with dragoons in tricorne) The grenderkropset will get it's second battalion.