Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Die Kleine Boom Boom

Trucking away at my SYW Winter Project.

This time I did an Austrian 6pdr with limber.



 I've never done limbers for my artillery, I've always just wanted to get on with it, I mean a limber doesn't add a unit, the so it's just money and time I could spend on more cannon, infantry or cavalry 
 But it does look good with a limber, I don't think I'll use limbers for my Napoleonic project. Given the batteries are like 3-6 cannon and I'll have like 2 or 3 batteries. But for my SYW project and maybe my GNW project it will be easier given less cannon. I plan on adding an ammo wagon.  Having this equipment not only looks good but adds to the footprint of the artillery, which is realistic. 

The Crew, Gun and equipment are all Minden miniatures.
A big kudos to Minden and Jim, for going above and beyond in customer service.

8 comments:

Dan Foley said...

Great painting and good use of the computer for a backdrop. I agree limbers don't seem to add much to the game but once done do look cool on the table.

Gunfreak said...

Thanks, yes I've been convinced that I need to add limbers and ammo wagons to my SYW for starters. It's only 5 guns so far in the project. So not that much work.

TamsinP said...

Nice gun and limber team :)

In the immortal words of Lt Susan Ivanova "No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow."

Gunfreak said...

Ivanova really is one of the futures great philosophers.

Gonsalvo said...

Very nicely done!

Scheck said...

It's the best painting of Austrian artillery uniforms I ever have seen! And a great atmosphere at the pictures - bravo!
Peter

Gunfreak said...

Thanks

Gunfreak said...

Thanks, it's foundry rich butternut A, mixed with black, then a little less black and then by itself.