Wednesday, July 15, 2020

15th Legere and Kister's brigade.

Gergoes Kister's Brigade at Austerliz, in Friant's 2nd Divsion of Davout's 3rd Corps.

 I had originally painted the line regiment as the 108, which was in its own brigade. But I decided to use 2mm think bases, as I feel 3mm is a little much for 10mm. But the post is slow and warbases were a little slow.

So they haven't shown up. And since I wanted the same bases for the whole brigade, I redesignated the 108 into 33rd and put it with the 15th legere to make Kister's brigade. So now I have to wait for the 2mm bases so I can paint the 108th again.

I also need to paint some more skirmish bases so the 15th legere can be parcelled out as either a bigger skirmish screen or as independent skirmishers.


 15th Legere, at Austerlitz this was bearly 300 strong with the combined two battalions.
Fun to paint, I feel the blue I use work great for 10mm, it would be too light for 28mm. 
 Skirmishers out in front.
 15th Legere in line, behind the skirmishers and the 33rd in columns behind.
Whole brigade line upfront.

Can't do much more until I get bases. I don't have enough 3mm even if I wanted to continue with the thicker bases. I have been working on some artillery. Might try and finish that. 

No comments: