Tuesday, September 13, 2011

WSS French De la Reine

Hope I spelled it correctly this time.

So it's amazing what the right tools will do, over the last year or so I have used light brown wash on the faces, it worked ok, but this time I tried to use flesh wash, I have tried to use it before but it just had the same color as the flesh, but I let it stand upside down over the night and now it works wonder, it brings out the details perfectly to the point, were I could actualy paint the eyes while leaving the eye lids.

This is the command base, I got an officer, drummer, standard barer and sergant, and two musketeers.

I'm really happy with these, now I just need 500 more of them.


I have orderd 2 more french battalions and 3 British.

It's funny way back when, when I started to paint 28mm, I didn't like the FR style, or chunky style, but they are so nicely made, so much detail. Best faces you can get.

Now the drum, I don't know if it's even close to right one, I was to lazy to find the sources, or I could have asked on TMP someone sure would know. But I was in the zone and didn't want to stop painting while waiting for answer. Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it.









This is going to be a small unit of just 18, I find that is to small they don't look like a line then, so I've decided that my next units will be 24 strong, later extended to 30.