Monday, January 26, 2015

WW1 project continued








So not that much has happend, I got my test batch of Great war minies, and trying to figure out the color. I also got my miliput and practesing on my sandbags. Got some armypainter barbwire.

All added to my "test tile" I''ve leared a few things, 1, sandbags to big, not to cut them in half, they look like 50kg bags next to 28mm figures. 2 barbwire loops were to small, dosn't look right next to 28mm soldiers. 3 to green uniforms, even after a desperat addage of ink they look more like WW1 US marines then Tommies. I got a few new paints today, and will try again.
I also learned not to push the "sandbags" to hard, here they look like they are empty of sand, deflated balloons.

These sandbags looks better, but barbedwire loops to small


3 comments:

Phil said...

Great pictures, very atmospheric, the ground is perfect!

Johns Miniatures said...

Great start! :)

Gunfreak said...

Thanks, still waiting on some supplies, to continue