So still going, havn't done much, painted some 15mm ACW just to get it out of my system, never seem to get into painting them propper. But I had them, so no cost to me.
I have decided to try and paint the whole of the IV Cavalry Corps in the Army of Silesia at Leipzig. Thats 21 Squadrons of hussars from 4 hussar regiments, and 7 squadrons of dragoons.
I think I'll drop the 9 "squadrons" of Cossacks.
At 6 figures pr squadron thats 168 cav. Shoudl be enough for a while.
I've finished the first step, Two Squadrons of Akhtyrka hussars.
I painted the first squadron wrong, as free sources showed brown shabaurqe, but they had blue by 1813.
So one out of the 6 Akhtyrka hussars squadrons will have wrong horse blankets.
I find the perry figures hard to paint, be they infantry, hussars or regular cav, very subtile folds, nothing I can shade and highlight there... atleast not at my skill level.
They look ok, as good as I can get Perry hussars I think. Hopefully with 126 hussars, any mistakes and bad paint job will be lost in the sea of awesomeness that is hussars.
I have allready started work on White russia hussars, those will be in campaign dress.