Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Björnborg


 I've finnaly finished my Björnborg battalion, it's been almost done for sevral months, but got distracted.
Unlike my other GNW Swedes this unit is made with Musketeer/footsore miniature figures, they where left over from a long dead first attempt at GNW, I'm not a fan of the figures. while well sculpted, clean and easy to paint, they are very limited in poses. 2 musketeers, 1 pikemen, 1 offficer, 1 NCO, 1 drummer, 1 standard barer, and 1 grenadier. So while it looks ok, they are to limited for me. They come in both karpus and tricrone, but the poses are the same, only the head is diffrent.
My Swedish force is now 63 infantry and 36 cavalry for a total of 99 swedes. Thats a records for how long I've gotten in a project in many years. It's a long time since a single project has gotten close to 100 figure strong.

I wasn't sure if I was going to keep this unit or not, as the style is quite diffrent from Warfare, but now that I seem them next to my warfare, they blend well enough!














 I'm quite happy with this picture

 Forward brave Swedes and Fins!

No comments: