Wednesday, February 12, 2014

ACW Mini diorama







 I'm straying further and further from 18th century. I did go to perry to buy a battlion of rifles. instead I bought 4 boxes of ACW infantry(2 of the generic and 2 of the confederate) and a box of arty.
I wanted to paint some ACW, and had some random figures laying around, Sash and saber, not enough to make a unit out of. So I thought I'd try a mini diorama. And just to practice painting and basing.

A round base, with 5 rebs on it, two puddles, lots of green stuff and some rocks.

Some rebs have found a damaged fence to hide deployd behind. I did want to put a small tree on it, but I don't have that many trees, so bushes instead.
Poured some ink into gloss vanish for the puddle. Only semi successfull!
I think the paint jobs are prety good,
Did a good job on the rifled muskets, the barrles are gun metal, but the bands are silver, to make them "pop" more,


2 comments:

Phil said...

Vey nice work with this 'mini dio', love it!

Jay said...

Ditto Phil's comment.